Enrolment & Transition to School

Enrolment Policy

Papatoetoe West is required by the Ministry of Education to have an Enrolment Policy in place. This means PWS only enrols in-zone pupils.


Transition to School Booklet 2023        Pre-School Meeting Dates 2023


New Enrolments

Children may be enrolled at school when they are five years old. An invitation is warmly extended to parents and their soon to be enrolled children to visit the school, meet and spend time in the classroom before enrolment. This can be arranged with our office staff.

Parents of special needs children should consult with the Principal and the Special Education Service before enrolment so that the resources required to meet the special needs of your child are recognised and in place in the school on enrolment.

It is now a requirement that all new enrolments produce a birth certificate. Children born overseas must have the necessary residency qualifications.

For children born on or after 01 January 1995, we require a copy of their Immunisation Certificate.

A family file is kept in the office. This file lists our families, their children and current classes and rooms, any necessary medical information the school needs to know, home addresses, telephone number for home and work and an emergency phone contact for when we are unable to contact parents in an emergency involving their child.

If at any time you change your address or home or work phone numbers or any numbers of your emergency contact, it is extremely important that you contact the school to give us this updated information.

Each year a form will be sent home with all pupils so that parents and caregivers can confirm existing information on our files or update with new information

Online Enrolment


Enrolment Requirements

Immigration status of all children must be verified.


Children born in New Zealand must produce their NZ birth certificate.


Children born overseas must have a residence permit.


Those children whose parents are on work permits require a student permit.


Proof of Address ( eg . Power account ,Telephone account, Tenancy agreement etc )


Immunisation Certificate ( for all children born after 01 January 1995 )


School Uniform - Your child must be in full school uniform before starting school

Transfers from another school

A child's school records are sent onto the new school when that school requests them. Exercise books etc, should be taken from your child's teacher and on request a transfer form designed to give current learning level in subject areas, is given for you to have when you enrol your child at the next school. It is helpful for group placement in your child's new class.

Supporters and Sponsors

Parents, please support our local businesses

New World Papatoetoe - Papatoetoe West School Good Seed Trust - Papatoetoe West School NZ Plumbing limited - Papatoetoe West School Papatoetoe Cosmopolitan Club - Papatoetoe West School A1 Safety & Packaging NZ Ltd - Papatoetoe West School Cathy Mei RayWhite - Papatoetoe West School DAD: Daclan Accountant- Papatoetoe West School
QR code for downloading the app

Scan this code to download the app

Get the Skool Loop - School App

Download our Skool Loop App, a simple and free download. In Google Play & App Store search ‘Skool Loop’ and choose our school once installed.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play
Hand holding phone

Login to Papatoetoe West School